- Mafia Demon – on the main options tab, there is “settings manager”, click the button. A menu appears – click “backup settings”. Click “select all”, then click backup. Click the “copy” button when the backup settings screen appears.Next – create a new document (I suggest using Google Drive and making a text document – it will never be lost – even if your computer blows up). Paste the text in the document (CTRL-V). Save the file and give it a name (I usually name it “MafiaDemon20141007.txt” where the date is embedded in the file name. This way I can have several backups).
- Spockholm – in the search box – type “backup-a-nator” and click it. Click backup your settings. PLace check marks in the items you want to backup (HINT: toolbar is all the addons you have added – back this up and Checklist if you use it). Click in the white box, type “CTRL-A” (select ALL) and “CTRL-C” (copy). Next – create a new document (I suggest using Google Drive and making a text document – it will never be lost – even if your computer blows up). Paste the text in the document (CTRL-V). Save the file and give it a name (I usually name it “Spockholm20141007.txt” where the date is embedded in the file name. This way I can have several backups).
- MWAddOn – Green Arrow > Configuration. On the General tab, there is a “Local: Export” button, click that, and choose “Save File”. Your browser will download a file. Rename that file to “MWAddOn20141007.txt”. Next, copy that file to your Google Drive (if you have it).
- The restore functions you do just the opposite – you open the backup file (spockholm/mafia demon) and type “CTRL-A” and “CTRL-C”, then go to the program and click “restore” instead of “backup”. Paste the text in the box (CTRL-V). MWAddon has a feature “Local: Import” that will ask you for the location of the file – just point to that file and click ok.
- Suggestions – if you have several profiles – backup each profile in their own folder using the profile name for each folder. Google Drive rocks – if you don’t have it – you should get it. It is free, and you can get access to this data from any computer, anywhere in the world
- Backup Firefox Profiles: In the folder: C:\Users\”USERNAME”\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles (where “USERNAME” = your login name to the computer), the profiles are stored. After you create a profile and put all the scripts in and restore your data – you can create another folder in that directory called “backup”. Right click on the folder to backup, and click “copy”, go to the backup folder, and right click and choose “paste”. Do this for each profile. To restore the profiles – exit out of Firefox. Go to the profile folder, then delete the profile. Go to the backup folder, right click and choose “copy”, then return to the profile folder, right click and choose “paste”. Go back into Firefox and your profile is restored to the original.
It is possible to copy these folders to Google drive – however – if you don’t have that exact profile installed on the computer, it won’t restore (i.e. on another computer).
- Backup Google Chrome: Same as firefox EXCEPT the folder is located at: C:\Users\”USERNAME”\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data.